Bourjois Rouge Velvet Lipsticks
A quick review.
I’m not usually one to write a single product/like review, but the new Rouge Velvet Lipsticks from Bourjois have really impressed me - not an easy feat after 10 or so years of being fully immersed in the beauty community. Now before we get down to the good bit, let’s get the disclaimers out of the way. Yes - I did receive this line complementary for review, however, I have no obligation to write any rave review about these lipstick, I’m just genuinely really impressed by them.
Now that’s out of the way, we can get onto the good stuff. I like to keep things short and snappy so I’m going to condense this review into bullet points - let’s get to it:
- Every shade has a creamy consistency and applies very easily.
- All shades in the line have intense pigmentation, which usually isn’t the case with a typical release as formulas aren’t always equal across all colours.
- A gorgeous shade range that I genuinely think suits every skin tone.
- Extremely long lasting without drying out your lips too much like liquid lipstick equivalents. With this, you get the excellent colour payoff and the long-lasting formula of liquid lipsticks but the texture of a regular satin/matte formula.
- They don’t smell great - quite chemically and not at all perfumed. Not a huge problem but could be a deal breaker if you’re quite sensitive to smells.
- I’m not a huge fan of the bullet shape that they’ve decided to use. It has a completely flat face (which isn’t uncommon) but I find that anything other than the traditional pointed bullet makes it much harder to get into the tighter spots with precision. This, however, is more of a personal preference.
As it’s plain to see from my points above, the new Rouge Velvet Lipstick range from Bourjois is very much a winner for me. The few problems that I do have are more a result of me nit-picking than a real deal breaker and for most people won’t even be seen as a problem. My verdict? If you’re in the market for a new matte shade then you would be remiss to pass these by. If I wasn’t sent these for review (and I didn't have so many goddam lipsticks already) I would be on my way to pick up some of these shades as soon as I pressed publish on this post. They’re gooduns, trust me.
*Affiliate links are used in this post. For more information, visit my Disclaimer page.