Lazy Bugger.Saturday, February 14, 2015
The title of this post pretty much sums me up. I am terrible at keeping a routine when it's new to me - for heaven's sake it took me years to get into a proper teeth-brushing routine (TMI?) I usually use my love for ticking off 'to-do' lists to get new routines into practise with the traditional pen and paper method, but that's not always practical. But, no more - Coach.me has become my new best friend, and I'm going to tell you why...
- You can keep track of your daily goals without having to write a million to-do lists and wasting paper. If you're a list lover like me, simply ticking things off gives you such pleasure that it's worth doing those 50 squats.
- You can set reminders so you are reminded at certain times of the day to do certain tasks i.e. I like to exercise in the evening for example, so I have set 'do squats/do push ups' etc. set for 7pm. Magic!
- The app keeps track of how many times you've completed a certain task so you can see your progress. It also keeps track of 'streaks' so you feel motivated to keep going.
- You can archive goals and come back to them at a later date.
- There is a huge variety of goals that other people have already created on the system so you can browse to your heart's content and pick up new habits that you never even knew you wanted to do!
- There's also an option for actual coaching - I haven't really looked at this yet but it could be something interesting to look into.
So there we go, the app that has helped me to shake up my life and adopt new habits over the last few weeks. Have you tried Coach.me? What did you think of it?