Nic's Picks - Real Techniques BrushesTuesday, September 23, 2014
Real Techniques 'Nic's Picks' - £25.50 from Escentual
Ever since I saw the news of this newest set release from Real Techniques, I knew that it would be mine. I'm a huge fan of every RT brush I own, and a personal favourite is my much loved Duo-Fiber Face Brush that gets used everyday - which was a huge factor in wanting to get my hands on this set. Not only that, but this set includes three 'set exclusive' brushes (yes you heard me right - three) which made it simply irresistible to me.
The set contains:
- Duo-Fiber Face Brush a large, fluffy duo-fiber brush that is perfect for the lightweight application and blending of powder
- Cheek Brush (set exclusive) densely packed and beautifully soft, this brush applies blusher evenly for a more dramatic finish
- Angled Shadow Brush (set exclusive) your ideal partner for a professional-looking smoky eye, perfectly cut for applying shadow to the crease
- Base Shadow Brush the essential brush for an even, smooth and flawless eyeshadow base
- Eyeliner Brush (set exclusive) firm and angled for optimal control, this brush is ideal for powder, gel and cream eyeliner
The Cheek Brush, the Angled Shadow Brush and the Eyeliner brush are all exclusive to this set, and despite not having much time to play around with them yet, they are very welcome additions to my brush collection. Another thing that's great about this particular set is the fact that it's great for beginners as it contains everything a beginner could need - a powder/foundation brush, a blush brush, two eyeshadow brushes and an eyeliner/brow brush. Also at £25 (although I believe it'll be £30 in Boots?) it's great value for five fantastic brushes that are not only well made, but look gorgeous too.
Are you planning on picking up this set when it hits stores on October 1st, or are you planning to be that bit stronger than me and restrain yourself?